Postal figurine is destined to sealing of correspondences, and can also be collection object. Learn more about stamps in Philately space
Service availability: In all national territory and worldwide
Who can use it: Natural persons (payment in cash) and juridical persons (payment in cash or to be invoiced).
Types: Commemorative block
Set composed of one or more stamps printed in a small sheet, which can be used separetely or together for correspondences postage or collection;
Tablet : Set of varied amount of stamps, issued on the same date and same theme, with a protective covering in form of tablet;
Quartet: Set of four stamps linked by perforation, two upper and two lower, issued on the same date;
Commemorative stamp: Limited issue postal stamp related to celebration of outstanding social-cultural dates and events with national or international repercussion;
Special stamp : Limited issue non-commemorative postal stamp;
Ordinary stamp: Unlimited issue postal stamp;
Personalized stamp: Set composed of two distinct images: one basis postal stamp and one image chosen by client (picture of people, pet animals, companies brands, products or services, distinctive signs or own work of art);
Promotional stamp: Postal stamp destined to encourage divulgation of specific ideas, facts or campaigns – in national ambit without commemorative nature – conceived by Correios or prepared in partnership with other institutions;
Series: Set of two or more stamps, issued at once or in successive phases, with divers motifs on the same theme;
Se-tenant: Set of two or more stamps, perforated or not, which present continuous drawings. For collection, these stamps shall not be separated. The name comes from French and means “the one that cannot be separated”.
Sextain: Set of six stamps linked by perforation.
Characteristics of Brazilian postal stamps:
- Present original themes; - High artistic conception;
- Beauty and harmony in images; - Adapt images to issues themes; - Printed with improved techniques; - Incentive philatelic innovation with issue of aromatic stamps in different shapes (round, triangular, special and varnished, etc.); - National and international acceptance.
How it works
Who can suggest themes for stamps issues: - Any person can suggest themes for stamps issues. Proposals shall be forwarded until June 1st of the year previous to the issue. Suggestions received will be analyzed by National Philatelic Committee, of which are part – in addition to Correios representatives – members of FEBRAF (Brazilian Philately Federation) -, ABCF (Brazilian Association of Philatelic Traders) and members of several ministries, among which, Education and Culture ministry. Suggestions will be consolidated in Annual Philatelic Programming.
How to suggest themes for stamps issues:
- By letter addressed to: Departamento de Filatelia e Produtos
Edifício Sede da ECT – 12º andar - Ala Sul 70002-900 Brasília – DF
Via Internet, at Correios website.
Criteria for choice of stamps and annual philatelic definition:
- Each year, in order to analyze suggestions received for following year stamps issues. – Based on Norm 500/2005 by Ministry of Communications, all suggestions presented are analyzed, considering, overall, the following criteria for motifs: - Priority for events like centenary, sesquicentenary (150 years), bicentenary, etc. (round dates).
- Intermittence of at least 50 years before repeating a celebration already made. – Homages to people shall occurr, preferably, on birthday.
- Living people cannot be rendered homage in stamps, except for Chiefs of state, athletes who have obtained 1st position in Olympic Games and Nobel Prize winners.
- Stamps with homage to institutioins of private, policial, religious nature and commercial or industrial companies shall not be issued.
- Religious themes issues will be carefully analyzed, considering scope and repercussion of facts to which they refer. – Cities aniversaries will be subject to special analysis, considering their historical-cultural relevance. – Themes shall be comprehensive and have possible repercussion in national and international markets. – Original themes will have preference.
Commemorative and special issues shall be related to:
- National and international repercussion cultural, artistic, scientific, historical and religious events; - Conferences and meetings of international interest, compatible with norms in force;
- Divulgation of governmental actions; - Homage to deceased national personalities and figures; - Homage to Chiefs of State; - Divulgation of outstanding sports competitions;
- Promotion of National Tourism; - Values of citizenship, human rights, solidarity and subjects related to humanity well-being; - Subjects related to environmental preservation, fauna, and flora at risk of extinction, national ecological reserves and preservation actions.
Who approves annual philatelic programming:
After analyzing proposals received, the National Philatelic Committee forwards a proposal of Annual philatelic programming to be approved by Correios; Correios aprove the proposal prepared by National philatelic committee, define technical characteristics of each issue (date, issue, number and form of stamps presentation, launching location, value, etc.) and forward the proposal for homologation by Ministry of Communications; The Ministry of Communications approves the programming and Correios start stamps production.
Location of stamps production: Brazilian stamps are produced by s Casa da Moeda do Brasil (Brazilian Mint), located in Rio de Janeiro/RJ.
Number of stamps that are part of annual programming: The annual philatelic programming is composed by, at the most, 15 commemorative and special stamps issues. Each issue may have oue or more stamps, in different shapes and layouts, according to technical details definition approved for each issue. The amount of ordinary (common) stamps issues obeys to operational needs, like correspondences postages, and is not included in above limit, restrict to commemorative and special stamps.
Why use this service?
- They can be used to seal correspondences or as philatelic collections elements; - They assist in divulgation of national culture aspects; - They contribute to establish interchange among people and philatelic associations.
Where to buy: In all Philatelic agencies or post offices with philatelic counter.
- At Correios virtual store;
- In Distance Sales Correios post office (Avenida Presidente Vargas, 23º floor ZIP code 20210 - 973 – Rio de Janeiro – RJ).
See stamps prices in Correios virtual store.
How to pay:
- Credit card;
- Debit card;
- Checks from the same city and by the interested person, order check to ECT or to Empresa Brasileira de Correios e Telégrafos (Brazilian Post and Telegraph Company). Learn conditions for payment with check. Link to (http://www.correios.com.br/precosPrazos/pagamentoCheque.cfm)
- To be invoiced – Monthly invoice only for juridical person, upon contract to be sign in each state Commercial Management.
In Correios electronic store:
- bank payment slip;
- credit cards;
- Correios postage card (only for juridical person, upon contract)
Correios issue Philatelic edicts (link to http://blog.correios.com.br/filatelia/emissoes/seloseditais_correios/) to make stamps launchings public and official;
Ownership and reproduction rights of all their issues stamps models, including final artwork included in the company inventory belong to Correios;
Every and any reproduction of postal stamps can only be made with express authorization by Correios.