It is an additional service by which the client states the value of an object posted under Register, for compensation in case of deviation or spoliation.
Service availability: in all national territory
Who can use it: - Natural and juridical persons without contract; - Juridical persons with contract.
How it works:
The service includes indemnification in stated amount, proportional to the content damage (partial or total). The indemnification is offered upon collection of 1% of stated value;
The value statement of goods destined to commercialization will be subject to taxation, and shall have respective fiscal document, according to legislation in force;
For transfer of personal objects, the form Content Discrimination, duly completed, can be used with object data and value to be secured;
Fulfilment of tax legislation is the Sender’s responsibility.
Why use this service?
Warranty of compensation of object stated value in case of loss, deviation or damage.
- The service can only be used with registered objects;
- When the value is indicated in foreign currency, the compensation of value stated will be made, always, based on value converted into national currency, according to parity of the day;
- The postal object that shows indications of containing non-stated value, in cases where value statement is mandatory, will be retained and opened, in presence of sender, addressee, or their respective proxies/legal representatives;
- In case there is omission of value statement in object subject to this requirement, a fine will be applied;
- The retained object delivery will be made upon payment of value established for fine indicated in internal postal tariff;
- When there is no agreement as to payment of fine by relevant parties, the object will be treated as refuse.