Postal Direct Mail
Postage, forwarding and distribution of promotional materials, usually called Direct Mails, with appeal to offer and divulgation of products and services aiming to prospect or to achive customer loyalty. These pieces can be issued in identical copies or personalized with information from addressee.
Service availability: In all national territory
Who can use it: Juridical and natural persons.
Characteristics: Modalities: - Normal (non-urgent objects treatment);- Urgent (urgent objects treatment).
How it works: The following items are considered Postal Direct Mail:
- Promotional materials, folder; - Books, nespapers, bibles, catalogues; - Guides, fascicles, prices lists, periodical publications; - Maps, geographic or celestial maps;
- Music score: printed or in handwriting; - Booklets and didactic publications: printed or in handwriting for students, sent by learning institutions and/or vice versa, and enrollment forms posted by student of learning institution; - Alternative cultural publications; non-completed forms; - Work or part of work, periodical publication or alternative cultural publication, artistic, scientific or literary publication printed for divulgation; - Advertisement propectuses;
- Political propaganda by party or candidate; - Cooperative promotional materials (advertising piece from distinct juridical persons); - Event divulgation; - Key holders, caps and T-shirts; - Product samples, except for medications; - Other media forms (promotional materials) presented in writing form or as CD-ROM, DVD or any other electronic file, in addition to printed: a) Audio and video tapes;
b) Audio and multimedia CDs.
In case of delayed delivery of objects posted under registration, compensation shall correspond to object postage value, excluded registration and other additional services (when applicable) values.
Why use this service?
- Differentiated prices for national, state and local delivery; - Discounts per volume, mechanizable object, CEPNet in mechanizable object, unitization of cargo, anticipated hours for postage and inclusion of reply Letter/Card/Parcel Envelope;
- Use of warranted return service, without additional cost, and without exclusive contract; - Use of franking seal (standardized by CORREIOS) indicated in objects by means of tag, seal or graphic printing; - Possibility of contract binding to more than one Correios post office;
- Does not require postage meter impress, and franking seal standardized by Correios must be printed on objects: tag, seal or graphic printing
- Allows inclusion of other types of media like CD and audio tapes; - Possibility of printing, on envelopes obverse and back, of promotional appeals;
- Possibility of postage from different clients in one single contract of Direct Marketing and/or advertising;
- Allows inclusion of souvenirs and products samples (in easy format); - Allows inclusion of letter, card and commercial parcel envelope; - Saves time and resources in postage, due to the simplicity of franking system, thus allowing that pieces are already produced with franking indication.
The service is acquired upon contract, with payment to be invoiced. Contracts can be made at Commercial managements in each state.
Postage: Postages must be made in Correios units linked to contracts.
Price is defined according to tariff established in Prices list specific to the service.
Terms: Delivery foreseen terms: Normal: Delivery terms for non-urgent objects. Urgent: terms defined for delivery of letter.
For guard period table of national objects and storage tax click here.
Weight limits: unit: 5 kg.- bundle (mallets or packages): 20 Kg.
Dimensions limits: Envelope:
- Minimum: 9 cm x 14 cm.- Maximum: length shorter or equal to 60 cm.
- The sum of dimensions (length + height + thickness) = 90 cm.
Obs.: In case of folded printed matters, consider these same dimensions.
Package and box: - Minimum: 9 cm x 14 cm.- Maximum: The largest dimension (length or height or thickness) = 60 cm.
- The sum of dimensions (length + height + thickness) = 150 cm
Roll: - Minimum: 10 cm (length); - Sum (Length plus two times diameter) = 17 cm minimum. - Maximum: 90 cm (length); - Sum (Length plus two times diameter) = 104 cm maximum.
Inclusion of other inserts with commercial value, such as postal stamps, coins, etc. is not allowed.
Packing: Every postal direct mail shall be packed and closed by sender in pack that resists to content weight, shape and nature, as well as to transportation conditions. The pack may be acquired in Correios, in other suppliers or fabricated by the client himself, provided that it satisfies recommended conditions: envelopes, boxes, packages and rolls made out of paper, plastic, polystyrene, wood or metal, wrapped in flat and resistant paper.
When printed matters are posted closed, the following information shall be included on pack: “Authorized closing. It can be opened by ECT”. To learn more